Nov 20, 2006

My First Meme

I've been tagged by Kathy Kerli for a meme. The deal is that I tell you five things about me that you don't already know. Not knowing the audience, this is kinda hard, but I'll assume this is being read mostly by strangers--

1. The first movie I have a clear memory of seeing in a movie theatre is The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974).

2. I was born on Guy Fawkes Day in a hospital in Caerleon, Wales, that was later converted to a hotel as part of the Celtic Manor resort, and I had a second wedding reception there.

3. During my first ever open-water scuba dive off Vancouver Island, a 7ft six-gill shark swam underneath me, close enough that I could have touched it.

4. I once spent a week on an archaeological dig in the river valley of Edmonton, Alberta.

5. I played drums and contributed vocals (I won't call it 'sang') in a garage band called Dead City Radio, also in Edmonton. The name of the band was based on an album by William S. Burroughs that I had borrowed from the library.

2 comments:

Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

I think the first movie I have a clear memory of seeing in the theatre is Grease. I was 8 and it soon became my favorite film. I must have seen it at least 20 times since. I do, however, have vague memories of Bambi and Star Wars too. Sheesh, I hope I didn't date myself too much with that admission. LOL

Paul Clarke said...

Hey, I remember Grease coming out! Didn't see it though. Not into musicals at the time and still not really, though I love Moulin Rouge.

I think I've dated myself far more with my admission than yours. Grease was 1978 after all.